This show is about two questions:
- Is there a credible existential threat to humanity from a future superhuman AI?
- If yes, what do we do about it?
We thought we’d start to catalog possible answers to that 2nd question. Here’s what we have so far:
- As Fast As Possible (AFAP). We discussed this a few episodes ago: Concerning AI: Episode XXXIV – A New Hope.
- The Locality Effect. We talked about this back on episodes 0026: The Locality Principle and 0027: Listener Feedback and the Locality Effect
- 0036: Baby You Can Drive My Car about self-driving cars
- 0037: Listeners Gone Wild about fitness functions
- Don’t fear super intelligent AI TED talk and resulting Facebook group discussion
- Grady Booch and Neil deGrasse Tyson don’t think it’s possible to build machines as smart as us
- Book recommendation